"If you are interested in learning more about diversity...
Currently on Open University, there is a free course entitled “Diversity and Differences in Communication”
Upon completion of the course members will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of competing perspectives on issues of communication, difference and diversity
- demonstrate an understanding of the ways in which issues of ethnicity, gender and disability impact on interpersonal communication in care services
- apply ideas about communication and difference to everyday interactions in health and social care contexts
- analyse the ways in which ideas about difference can both reflect and reproduce inequalities between groups in the context of care services
- identify strategies for working with difference and diversity in the context of challenging discrimination in health and social care contexts."
Recommended by Jasmine Opoku-Ware